UTeach Outreach is hiring for Summer & Fall 2020!
Students in the UTeach Teacher Cetification Program who receive a UTeach Internship with UTeach Outreach will be compensated $14/hour and, if sucessful, may have the option to continue in future semesters. To be eligible for a UTeach Internship with UTeach Outreach, you must have a minimum 2.6 GPA, be enrolled as a student at UT in UTeach Natural Sciences with the intention of getting teacher certification, and be dependable.
Summer 2020 Positions - Apply Here
- Engineering / Maker Intern - Engineering/Maker interns support a certified teacher to deliver hands-on lessons to middle and high school students. This position allows you to build bridges, solder, use power tools and hand saws, and/or operate a laser cutter this summer. Great for those of you pursuing the Maker Certification in UTeach.
- Mathematical Problem Solving Intern (Algebra to Pre-Calculus) - Mathematical Problem Solving Interns support a certified teacher to deliver hands-on lessons to 6th-8th graders. The Problem Solving team ensures that our students like math and feel comfortable manipulating numbers and equations.
- Computer Science/Electrical Engineering Intern – These interns have the option of teaching Electrical Engineering with Arduino to 6th - 8th graders OR helping a certified teacher teach C++, Java, and other programming languages to 9th/10th graders. Great for those of you interested in computer science.
- Algebraic Structures Intern – Algebraic Structures Interns assist a certified teacher in leading 7th/8th graders through topics in abstract/modern algebra.
- Statistics intern (must have taken at least 1 semester of college statistics including "R" programming and have made an A) – The Statistics Interns help a certified teacher teach 8th/9th graders topics in Statistics using RStudio. These students then design their own independent inquiry, perform it in a UT research lab, and then bring the data back to your class to analyze it with your support.
- Research & Inquiry Intern (must have made an B+ or better in Research Methods or equivalent lab course) – In this position, you would help a certified teacher mentor 8th/9th graders as they design and implement their own independent inquiry in a UT research lab. The culmination of this class is a college-level research project. Having taken Statistics in high school or college is a plus.
Fall 2019 Positions are Full.
UTeach Outreach Course Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (5–20 hours) — Improve your presentation, teaching, and organization skills.
Afterschool Progam Club Leader (5–20 hours) — Improve your presentation, teaching, teamwork, classroom management, and student relationship skills.
Lab Manager (5-20 hours) - help manage our lesson materials lab in Painter Hall.